Unified is building the first and only social network for activism. Our platform (beta launch in 2024) will provide a place for community organizers, activists, and anyone interested in building a better world to connect, collaborate, and mobilize.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for helping us find and attract early adopters for Unified, demoing the Unified app, and collecting feedback from them. In doing so, you’ll be helping us set the stage for a successful beta launch next March.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Building lists of social media accounts for individuals following specific organizations on X/Twitter and Instagram.
- DMing these individuals to solicit interest and feedback for the Unified app.
- Conducting 1-on-1 feedback sessions (typically over Zoom) with individuals, during which you’ll help them create a Unified account and demo various features within the app.
- Collecting product feedback and communicating it to our team.
- Keeping information on individual targets up to date via our CRM system.
- Measuring and reporting progress on your efforts.
The following skills will be very helpful in this role:
- Familiarity with X/Twitter and Instagram - specifically how to send and respond to DMs.
- Using Google Sheets or Excel to build contact lists and create summary reports.
- Using HubSpot, Salesforce, or another CRM to track sales or marketing activity.
- Using Zoom to conduct 1-on-1 meetings and provide guidance for others on how to share their screen.
In addition to the above skills, we expect all team members to possess the following characteristics:
- Excellent communication skills, both with other team members and outside individuals.
- A strong attention to detail, particularly when measuring results or drafting marketing copy.
Compensation for this role is as follows:
- $20 - $25 per hour
- 10 - 20 hours per week commitment
Candidates should be aware of the following:
- We currently do not expect to retain this role after March 15, 2024 (after our beta launch). It’s possible that we may find a new role for the person filling this role, but that is not guaranteed.
- We prefer to hire someone who is based in Austin, TX, as this will expedite onboarding and make it easier for the person hired to participate in events we host.